The much-awaited Ballard Classic Home Tour is Sunday, June 23! Purchase tickets one of three ways:
- On Sunday: Buy at Tour Headquarters beginning at 9:30 a.m. Location: 3003 N.W. 66th Street, Ballard. (The tour lasts until 4:00 p.m., but be sure to allow about two hours to travel between and view all seven homes.)
- Until end of day Saturday June 22nd: Buy tickets online.
- Until end of day Saturday June 22nd: Buy at one of the retail stores listed below, using cash or check.
- We’ve selected seven vintage Ballard residences of unique character and modern livability that have never been featured. Built by skilled craftsmen, the seven vintage homes exemplify lasting quality. You’re bound to find inspiration for your home.
- The event happens only once every three years, so don’t miss it in 2013! Meet owners and docents who can share the histories of these durable and classic homes.
- Say “Happy Birthday!” Three of the homes celebrate their 100th birthdays! Get in on the birthday action by purchasing a ticket or stopping by the Tour Headquarters on Sunday.
Local retailers (cash or check only)
- Sunset Hill Green Market, 6405 32nd Ave. N.W., 206 784-7594
- Secret Garden Bookshop, 2214 N.W. Market Street, 206 789-5006
- Johnson & Johnson Antiques, 6820 Greenwood Ave. North, 206 789-6489
- RE Store, 1440 N.W. 52nd Street, 206 297-9119
When: Sunday June 23rd, 2013 from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM. All tickets are will-call only. Exchange tickets beginning at 9:30 AM on the day of the tour for a brochure with locations. Where: Tour starts at Sunset Hill Community Clubhouse, 3003 N.W. 66th Street, Ballard. Tour Guidelines
- The tour is self-guided; no transportation is provided.
- Homes are not wheelchair accessible; there will be stairs and uneven sidewalks.
- Guests will kindly remove shoes before entering homes.
- No children under the age of 12; babes in arms are allowed.
- No food or drink.
- No cameras or video equipment.
- Only a limited number of people will be allowed in one house at a time.
- Due to the location of a few of the homes, parking may be required some distance away.
Please direct media and other inquiries to tour coordinator Lesli Billings at email@example.com. We’re on Facebook and Twitter. Just search for BallardHistory.
About the Tour
The Ballard Classic Home Tour is BHS’ biggest fundraiser, which enables the organization to take part in community projects; present free informative lectures related to Ballard’s History and maintain its archives.
About the Ballard Historical Society
The Ballard Historical Society was formed in 1988 and is dedicated to the celebration and preservation of the unique history and culture of Ballard, Washington. The society is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization that provides community and educational programs and maintains an extensive photo archives.